Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's Day

Considering I haven't written in an eternity.. what better way than to commemorate Valentine's Day.

A short history (details from wikipedia):

It happened during some time long ago during something-Chaucer's time.  It was a result of the open romantic courting affairs.  Such as sending flowers.

The end.


Yeah.. I just read maybe half a paragraph before I realized I did not want to actually read anything for fun.

Instead, let me explain my thoughts about this day.

Personally, I hate it.

First off, I see it as my dad's birthday...so it is weird seeing every other person receive overly expensive gifts for "no good reason".

Second, you shouldn't need a set aside day to tell someone you love them.  Or buy them super, uber, overly expensive gifts.

Third, if this person truly loves you you wouldn't need to buy them anything. Or prove to them you love them which everyone takes this day for.

It's not that I'm saying love doesn't exist or anything; it is just over-rated how much hype this day gets.

I don't understand why people need to go out of their way to prove to someone they love them.  Just be yourself.  If the person doesn't love you back, they aren't meant to be with you and you can do better.

Whatever. People usually think I'm hateful and alone that's why I hate it. Really, that's not why. I have legitimate reasons.


Anyways.. short post. I'm sorry I haven't been procrastinating from my hw to write.. I've been procrastinating from this.

Can you forgive me?
I promise to do better.

Maybe something with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment