Thursday, December 2, 2010

Snow

Yesterday night, on the first of December, was the first snowfall of the season (that actually stayed present) where I live.

What I mean by "stayed present" you ask?

 I live in Michigan.

The weather never knows what it actually wants to stay as here.  One day it'll be 30 degrees, the next 62.  Michigan is a PMSing woman...minus the joys of chocolate.

Anyways, the point is, when snow "sticks" (aka doesn't melt) that means that that snow is the first snowfall of the season.  If the first snowfall was when there was actual snow snowing outside.. it could be in October and not stick..and that just does not make any sense, if it was "of the season" it would stick to prove it was legit snow, not false non-sticking snow.

That is a lot about the ways of snow.. sorry.

Anyways, it was exciting, yet horrible.

Why both?  Exciting because it means we will, more than likely, have a white Christmas.  To me, it is not Christmas without the bountiful white snow on the ground.  Also, snow means snowball fights and sledding.  Sledding is the shit.  I cannot describe my intense passion for sledding.  Its like swallowing a whole popsicle.  It is super cold, yet exhilarating in a way that excites you and warms you up from the very thought of doing it.  It is almost like a naughty, but legal drug.

It is horrible because I ride my bike to campus..which is a 15 or 25 minute bike ride (depending on the day, of course).  On this day (when it was all windy and snowy in the morning) I had to ride the 25 minutes to my first class... at 8:30 in the morning.  Uber windy, giant snow flakes flying into my eyes and blinding me, and the heaviest back pack on earth made the trek utterly horrible.

Today, however, the snow is quite enjoyable.  I am inside my warm apartment looking out my balcony window and eating soup.

I need to invest in a ski mask on my treks to class, so I don't get wind burn.  Maybe snow pants.

I almost forgot to mention, it is incredibly fun (and probably very stupid) to go in a hot tub outside..and then run around in the snow and then jump back into the hot tub.  Weirdest (but very enjoyable) sensation ever.  You all should probably try it.

Peer pressure, do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment