Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Drive a Zamboni. I Do Not Run a Daycare.

Sorry for the lack of posts...
I've been trying to study, even though this blog is all for NOT studying, or failing at it.

But.. whatever.

Do you know what I hate? Kids.

Especially at my work.

It's like.. the parents are all like "RUN MY CHILDREN! SPREAD MISERY AND DESTRUCTION AND MESSES!!! BE IN A PLACE THAT IS NOT NEAR ME SO I CAN WATCH MY BETTER CHILD PERFORM AT A SPORT THAT PROMOTES VIOLENCE AND COULD KILL!!!!"

That is my interpretation of how parent's think at ice arenas.

Seriously, it's like they think we run a daycare for their 4-7 year old children who are younger then their hockey players that are out on the ice.

A day care that picks up after their child spills a million and 3 cups of slushie all over the floor, with nacho cheese oozing at every spot imaginable, and broken plastic things everywhere (you know.. those quarter machines with prizes in lil plastic containers? Kids just stomp on them to get them out.. which is, the only way TO get them out.. but when they stomp.. it is like they are having a seizure and smash the crap out of that container.)

Do not get me started with all the kids who drop their stupid pickles on the ground too.  WE PUT THE STUPID PICKLES IN A STUPID PAPER HOLDER THING SO THE PICKLE DOESN'T FALL OUT. LEARN HOW TO FREAKING HOLD ONTO IT YOU LITTLE BUTTER FINGERED CHILD.

Sorry for the anger.  Wait, no, I'm not.  It is ridiculous.  I shouldn't have to babysit when I have other responsibilities to handle.  I have to manage the building, keep it clean, drive the zamboni (you may bow down to me now), sharpen skates, and deal with mean/stupid/bratty hockey parents.

Some of these people should not be allowed to have spawned any children. NONE.

These people cannot pick up after themselves, let alone pick up after their children.  That is why their children have no sense of responsibility when throwing stuff away.

I understand that they are kids and they do not necessarily understand/know that they should throw stuff away..but when they observe/watch my co-workers or myself clean up after them...week after week... it is like... REALLY.

Basically, hockey parents and their children are the devil.
I know there are "exceptions" to the rule, but realistically.. they are.

Fight it all you want, but one day working at my job and you will soon hate the parents..and their evil, messy, rowdy, spawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment